Sunday, January 11, 2009

Red Carpet Moment


Last night my dear friend celebrated her 40 & Fabulous birthday. It was a Sex & The City theme party and she went all out. There was a dj for dancing and the red carpet for photo opps. I spent the last 2 nights at her house helping her decorate and rearrange her house for the festivities. Here was my red carpet look...

Cowlneck sweater turned into an off the shoulder look - Walmart
Navy skirt - Ann Taylor Loft
Brown suede pumps - Ann Taylor Loft
Wide brown belt - Dots
Beaded bracelet - Banana Republic
Feathered headband - made by me

Check out V's red carpet look here

So the last 2 days and nights have been crazy busy. I helped my friend decorate for her party. She had just moved into her new place 2 weeks ago so there was a lot to do. Between the party, the cleanse, and working out, I was wiped out on Sunday afternoon. My high calorie burn on Saturday made up for the low burn on Sunday (rest day). I also had a low calorie consumption on Saturday. It's not something I recommend or even intended to do. Because I had a late Friday night helping my friend, I woke up late for my trainer session on Saturday morning. I just grabbed a banana and was out the door. Of course by the time I was done with my session, I could tell that my sugar levels were low. Thank God my trainer had a pear with her. I ate the pear and had enough energy to finish my cardio. I'll make sure to eat enough next time.


Here is Saturday's snapshot... I took off the Bodybugg for the party so there were more calories burned throughout the night of dancing. Oh and I was so good. I didn't ruin my cleanse! I ate a good dinner beforehand (chicken and lentil soup) and brought 2 apples with me. When everyone was eating the yummy Mexican appetizers catered at the party, I cut up my apples and put them on a plate. Having them on the same plate the other guest were using made the temptation a lot easier.


Sunday's snapshot... you can see where sat for church and I took a long, but much needed nap. I def let my body recharge today. We also had a family party tonight. Instead of the yummy Chinese food they had, I brought my own dinner (tilapia, tomatoes, spinach, black beans, and an apple).

I wanted to give a shout out to The Fashion Therapist. Kick some butt on those workouts!


Great outfits and happy workouts everyone!

13 comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

You are so dedicated and I really love it.

Gold star for you lovely. xx

Leslie said...

What a fun party idea!!!

Trace said...

Hottie! Look at those legs!! That is such a fun party idea, love it. Workouts still going good, I have today off so I'm hoping to get in a nice long one this afternoon. Have a good week Hill!

Anonymous said...

Holy hot mama! You looked awesome and I love hot economical your "fancy" look was! Also, I love the picture wall idea!

Hillary said...

The picture wall is so easy. Party City has a red carpet runner for only $4.99. It has adhesive attatched to the bottom so you can easily stick it anywhere. I bought a roll a couple of years ago and it has been a great investment. Also having props for guest to use like boas, sunglasses, hats, and mardi gras beads have been fun for the picture walls. Some people really ham it up for the camera and the picture wall is always a hit!

KT said...

Um, hello? Sexy much? Holy smokin' shoulders Batman!

Ally said...

You look AMAZING! Legs and shoulders and belts - oh my!!

Deborah-lee said...

I love the picture wall idea!

I try not to comment on body parts.. but WOO hoot.. great legs.

Love the look of your whole outfit. You look a million dollars.

Kayleigh said...

Wowie zowie -- love the off the shoulder look, so romantic...and that belt, LOVE it. Your legs look a zillion miles long, too.

Totally fabulous :)

Hillary said...

Thank you for the very sweet compliments (blush).

NayLahKnee said...

WORK IT CHICA!!!!!!!

90-Dayer said...

Hot mama! You look awesome! And look at you making stuff :)

90-Dayer said...

OMG! I didn't notice Kimberly's comment until I posted. Uh, ditto ;)