Sunday, January 4, 2009

The 7th and 8th Day of Fitness

Thought I forgot huh?

On the 7th and 8th day of fitness, my trainer gave to me... 8 hours of sleep, 7 days of cleansing, 6 meals a day, 5 cardio days, 4 vitamins, 3 strength days, 2 mini workouts, and a Bodybugg to track those calories...


Let's start with the 7th day...7 days of cleansing. Will and I decided to start the new year with a cleanse. I've never done this before so it's kind of new to me. I asked my trainer for some advice especially because we want to be able to continue to workout through our cleanse. Basically we'll be taking an herbal cleanse and eating clean for the next 7 days.

Our foods we should have are: steamed green vegetables, vegetable soups and broths, miso, tofu, mixed green salads, organic fresh vegetable juices, whole grains (brown rice, millet, oats, quinoa), garlic, onions, ginger, lentils, fresh fish, lemons, limes, fresh fruits in season, sea vegetables, herbals teas (esp green tea).

Foods we need to avoid are: Anything that has refined sugars, chocolate, ice cream, sodas, alcohol, salt, cheese, breads, dairy products, butter, nuts, fatty foods, wheat, red meats, eggs, and shellfish.

I walked to the local farmers market yesterday and bought bok choy, chinese cabbage, grapefruit, zucchini, squash, broccoli, and eggs. I bought the eggs not realizing we won't be able to eat them for 7 days. Oops!

Once we are done with the cleanse, I'll resume my 6 meals a day plan.


On the 8th day of fitness and one of my New Years resolutions is to get 8 hours of sleep. I am an extreme night owl. I think it runs in my family. I usually find myself going to bed around 2 or 3 in the morning. That's why sometimes you see my posting 1st thing in the morning or I've left comments on your blogs in the middle of the night. Well, I know that sleep s very important to our overall health. I am going to strive to be in bed by 11pm. This will be difficult so wish me luck!

Here were my workouts and calories burned...
Jan 1 (yes, I hit the gym on New Years Day)
30 minutes strength training - 155 calories burned
20 minutes jogging/walking on treadmill 224 calories burned

Jan 2
20 minute walk to and from work - 282 calories burned
10 minute walk at lunch - 110 calories burned

Jan 3
30 minute strength training - 212 calories burned
30 minutes stationary bike - 243 calories burned
1.25 hours walking to/from farmers mkt and shopping - 448 calories burned.

Hope everyone is having a healthy new year.
Happy workouts!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the cleanse! Also, I am glad to see you burned so many calories walking and shopping! :-)

ohthatgirl said...

No eggs during a cleanse!?! I would never survive without my egg whites for breakfast. I'll just stick to my clean eating and rock out with the workouts starting tomorrow. ;O) Good luck...and I think I need to invest in one of those bodybuggs.

Trace said...

Mmmmmmmm great picture and gives me some good ideas for my grocery shopping list! Good luck with the cleanse! Here's to a very healthy 2009!!