Monday, January 5, 2009

The Ninth Day of Fitness


On the ninth day of fitness, my trainer gave to me... 9 glasses of water, hours of sleep, 7 days of cleanse, 6 meals a day, 5 cardio days, 4 vitamins, 3 strength days, 2 mini workouts, and a Bodybugg to track those calories!

They say you should drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, so I averaged it to 9 glasses. This should actually be a little easy for me because it's all I like to drink. I usually have one cup of coffee in the morning, but that got cut when I started the cleanse. Now it's strictly water for me...

So just to check on people's New Year resolutions. I know some of you are trying to make health decisions in the new year. How's it going? Today I went to the gym and couldn't believe how many people were there. There were people waiting for an open spot on the treadmills. Even though it's somewhat annoying to have to wait for the equipment, it's good to see people trying to make better changes. Last year I made a decision to really change the way I ate and lived. I am striving to continue one with m weight loss. Even though I had a holiday setback, I know I can get right back on track. Here's to all of us staying on track.

Here was today's workout:
20 minute walk to and from work 268 calories burned
25 minute walk to and from work for lunch 315 calories burned
30 minute strength training - 159 calories burned

The next season of The Biggest Loser comes on tomorrow night!
Happy workouts everyone!

3 comments:

Katie Keisler said...

Hehe I loved your little song! That was really good! LOL!

I noticed the same thing at our gym this evening... we just barely found a place to park! I'm sure after around mid-February, it will be thinning out as normal again... haha.

Katie

V said...

You should come with us at 5am...get up at 4:30am and get to the gym by 5am. Me, Lnet, and Lib were there today!

Trace said...

I've really been pounding the water as well. It feels so good! Workouts are going well so far for 2009. My gym actually wasn't too packed yesterday, I was shocked. I agree, here's to all of us staying on track!!