Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sew Retro Thursday


Do you remember when I was working on this dress? Well I finally put on the buttons. I didn't finish the belt, but I thought the simple white ribbon worked just as well. I like the retro feel this dress has. I think I may need to cinch in on the waist, but overall I'm pleased with it. I'll eventually finished the belt and the fabric flower. I was just itching to wear it. I had some other shoes on earlier in the day, but they were falling off my feet for some weird reason. So I threw the brown wedge peeps on. I have a few more sewing projects in the works. Now that the wedding is over, I'll have some time to work on them. Yay!


Lunch today was leftover chicken on top a a bed of mixed green lettuce and mushrooms with a light lime vinaigrette. Oh and a peach for dessert. The stats for this meal:
Protein - 38.2
Carbs - 16.6
Fat - 4.3
Total caloies - 260.5


Dinner was a Rachel Ray 30 Minute Meal recipe. I love turning on The Food Network when I come for lunch. I had just bought some ground turkey when I saw Rachel make some smokey beer burgers. I tried to find her recipe to link it up, but I can't seem to find the right one. I just remembered what I saw and improvised. My burger is basically 1 pkg ground turkey, 1 packet of dry onion soup mix, 1/4 cup of light beer, 4 oz smoked Gouda, paprika, and cumin. The flavor was awesome. I threw it on a piece of wheat toast, made a simple green salad with mushrooms, and some okra with a dash of Cajun seasonings. Here are the stats:
Protein - 33.9
Carbs - 18.4
Fat - 20.1 (yikes!)
Total calories - 397.9



My total calories for the day was 1227. Still no bodybugg. I figured I'll wait another week before wearing it again on a daily basis. I did workout though. I did 30 minutes with my trainer, and 30 minutes of intervals on the treadmill. I really wanted to swim, but I think I needed to give my body a rest.


So tomorrow (Friday), Will and I are off to Nacogdoches (East Texas) for the blueberry festival. I loooove blueberries and they have the best blueberries. I think I ate 15lbs of blueberries last year. Seriously! I have to admit, the festivals in smaller towns are really nice. The admission is free, they had free water, and free ice cream! In Houston, you cannot find that. They want to charge you for everything here. So even though I just got back from vacation, I'm off again for a little mini road trip. I love summer!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by!


4 comments:

MissRedLips said...

just found your blog today and am so happy I did!

that dress is darling, and I love the retro feel it has to it! the food looks DELICIOUS! I will have to try this out myself :-)

happy friday!

xo,
missredlips

Trace said...

Wow the dress turned out so well! Super cute, love that fabric. I am very jealous of your sewing talent. Have a blast at the blueberry festivial, sounds like so much fun!

Legal Editor Mom said...

This dress is adorable. Love the colors!

xRuth said...

Gorgeous! LOVE the dress.