Thursday, April 16, 2009

Palm Thursday


Since I only have 3 pairs of jeans that fit right now, my jeans week at work got cut short. So here I am in my Palm Thursday outfit. Here are the details...
Brown top - Anthropologie
Palm print skirt - The Gap
Beaded necklace - Target
Brown peeps - Ross

I love this skirt. I've had it for a couple of years now. I was looking at more closely and realized that I can probably make it. Hmmm... So speaking of sewing, that is the reason why I didn't blog yesterday. I was consumed with my little dress project, but I'm pretty much done with it...well kind of. I have just a few finishing touches. It fits me fine, but I think I made the collar to high so I am now debating about redoing the top of the dress. I hate to pull it apart, but I'm not sure I'll be satisfied if I leave it. Here's a preview...



Today my hubby was in the mood for some pasta instead of the fish I had planned. Somehow I was able to whip up some turkey spaghetti in 20 minutes. Since I am concentrating on my training and diet, Will got the whole wheat spaghetti and I had just the turkey spaghetti sauce with a spinach side salad. Add my 1/2 of a Power Crunch Bar for dessert and this meal was 32 g of protein, 23 g of carbs, 14 g of fat and a grand total of 335 calories. We also had the same meal for dinner, we just changed up the veggies.
Today's workout was with my trainer. Her goal was to keep my heart rate up and she sure did. My body will welcome the rest this weekend. Here are my stats...
I'm off to Austin for the weekend. Hopefully the weather won't be too awful for a few bluebonnet snapshots. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Austin - have fun! Also, that dress is adorable!!! I'm so jealous ~ I need to take a sewing class asap!

Tina said...

I can't wait to see that dress on you! Also, I'm digging the print on todays skirt.

Have fun in Austin! I lived there for 10 years and loved every minute of it! Do you live near Austin? (I'm in Dallas now)

Candice said...

I love the palm skirt and the dress is really cute and professional looking, great job. I am going to force my mom to teach me to sew, thanks for the inspiration.

Ally said...

I'm SO impressed with that dress. When I first saw it on your Flickr, I thought it was an awesome vintage find!

Honeybunches of Roses said...

I love the print on the dress and I think the colors are divine! and your eyes just pop in this out fit.