Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Morning


Happy Birthday Mom!!!
Sunday morning we were up bright and early. It has become a tradition in my family to celebrate birthdays with a family breakfast. Today was my mother's birthday so here we are ready for breakfast!

On me:
Old navy strapless dress and sandals from Target.


On Will:
Old Navy Tee and shorts. Will likes to call them his "poindexter" shorts. His sandals are Sketchers.

After the morning with my family, we spent the afternoon with Will's family. We are getting ready for our Fourth of July Extravaganza. It's a big production, but a lot of fun. I can't wait till the actual festivities.

It was a pretty busy weekend and after the long day, we were in the mood for some Vietnamese food. The lemongrass vermicelli hit the spot! Of course I didn't make this meal, but I'll be back in the kitchen this week.

Emmet, to answer your question... I season my salmon with whatever seasonings I may have on hand, then I sear it on a griddle pan at medium heat for just a few seconds. Then I steam it for about 10-15 minutes (depending on how big my fish it). The meat should flake off easily when done.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by my corner of the web.

4 comments:

Amanda Allison said...

That's such a pretty color on you! I have to be honest, though, in saying those two stripes do nothing for you bust. I think you should look into buying a strapless dress with no decor on the bust or a strapped maxi dress. Either way, its a great color with cute sandals! :)

Take care,

Amanda

Adnan Siddiqui said...

The ring looks nice on Poindexter's hand - cool summers colors!

Sheila said...

How nice to see Will!

I have to agree with Amanda...that dress isn't doing you any favours. You need a good strapless bra, but I think the problem is really that the dress is too big on you! Time to turf it!

Hillary said...

Okay I have to agree with y'all. It's not doing much for me. I do think it's too big. So off it goes... Thanks guys!