Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Pearly Pink Thursday


Here is today's pearly pink outfit...
Short sleeve black turtle neck - gift from a friend
Pink and black striped A-line skirt - Anthropologie
Black peep-toe pumps - Rack Room
Pink strand of pearls necklace turned into belt- Francesca's
First I have to say, I'm not sure what's going on with my hair. It really isn't that poofy. I think it's so black it cast some kind of shadow and it makes it look taller than it really is.
Isabelle, my brother's German Shepard, wanted to be in the picture today. Although she is a sweetie and oh-so cute, she just doesn't sit very lady-like. Oh Izzy, I still love you!
On to my adventures at the gym...
Yesterday's workout was a cardio/strength combo. I always start with cardio and do 20-40 minutes (depending on what time I get to the gym). Since I ran the day before, I decided to try something different. I got on the machine that looks like stairs and it just revolves to make you constantly climb. I had one of the gym counselors help me get setup and going. He started me out on level 5, which seemed slow as molasses. Yeah well after 8 minutes or so, I didn't think it was so slow anymore. I was sweating bullets, trying to control my breathing all while staring down at the revolving stairs. I was so worried I was going to miss a step and fall like a dork, I couldn't stop looking down. Then I needed some water. I look up, spot my water bottle, then quickly look down. I do this a few times until I'm brave enough to let one of my hands leave the machine long enough to grab my water. After trying to take a sip while still looking down, I think I missed my mouth and got water on tank top instead. I was a mess! The girl beside me, who was a pro at this, asked if I was new to the gym. While still looking down at the stairs, I just explained how I was new to the machine. Amazingly I lasted 25 minutes and went on meet my trainer for strength training. Luckily for me, she didn't have me do anything that involved looking down. I burned 328 calories after all was said and done. And yes, I will be be back on that machine. I want to be a pro just like the girl beside me!

5 comments:

90-Dayer said...

That skirt is too cute!

90-Dayer said...

Also, love your blog, just added you to my blogroll ;)

Ally said...

I love your doggie! My dog, Maddy, is SO not ladylike either in her posing :)

KT said...

Love that skirt!

Londyn said...

Pretty in pink!