Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Red Day Tuesday




Hello everyone. Here is my simple red and black outfit today...

Black sleeveless knit - Old Navy
French Connection Skirt - Lot 8
Silver dangle earrings - Red Stitch (no longer around)
Red necklace - NY & Co (I think)
Red peeps - JCP

I had a friend/reader ask why I hardly ever have earrings on. Well there are 3 reasons.

1) My ears itch. I usually have to slather Neosporin on my ear lobe and the earring post. It's a pain. I have also tried putting a coat of clear nail polish on the post. It works too, but it chips off too.
2) I am not aligned. I know that sounds funny, but I'm not. One shoulder is higher than the other so my ear lobes are off which causes my earring to dangle weird. I keep meaning to book an appt at the chiropractor.
3) I feel cluttered when I have on too much jewelry. I feel like I have too much going on if I have earrings and a necklace on. I know this is a crazy reason because I see so many of you lovely ladies accessorize without any problems. I'm trying to work on it though. That's why I have both on today (plus the Neosporin).

So lunch was a simple chicken noodle soup that came from a can. Will had a stomach virus and he couldn't eat much. For lunch I ran home and joined him for some soup. The virus seems to have passed already. He felt good enough to have a real dinner. I had some lean turkey in the fridge. I was intending to make a healthy version of stroganoff with it, but I think that meal would have been to heavy for Will. So I basically threw a bunch of veggies and seasoning in my wok and kept it simple. So it's lean ground turkey, onions, garlic, peas, yellow and orange bell peppers, and a variety of seasonings. It's not my best dish, but it wasn't bad. The main thing was that Will was able to eat it without any issues. I served the turkey with a side of roasted cauliflower (sooo good!)


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you all have a great day!

7 comments:

SHOEGAL said...

Have you tried solid gold or silver earrings? Sounds like you're allergic to nickel (found in much cheaper end jewellery). I have the same problem if my earrings aren't sterling silver.

Kimberly said...

You're skirt is way too adorable!! Love it! Lot 8 is Chloe Dao's store right?

Hillary said...

Shoegal, unfortunately I have the same issue with sterling silver and gold. It's a pain!

Yes, Kimberly Lot 8 is Chloe Dao's (PR season 2 winner) place. She and her sister, Sydney, are fab and so down to earth. If ever in Houston, I recommend a stop.

The Frugal Apprentice said...

I have a serious craving for some roasted cauliflower now! Do you have a certain recipe?

Sherry

http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blogspot.com

Lesa said...

Your necklace and skirt are beautiful

Honeybunches of Roses said...

my favorite...red white and black :-)

Sheila said...

What a pretty outfit! You look lovely ...and I can see that you've lost weight.