Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cooking Things Up!


Whew! What a day! I had so much I wanted to do today...work, gym, grocery shop, cook, bake, swim, and blog....and maybe a load of wash. Seriously it's amazing what you can cram into a day. Well I got all of it done (even the load of wash), except for swim. No worries though since I had a cardio day at the gym. Swimming was like going for extra credit. Not necessary, but beneficial if I could get to it. Oh well...


So here I am at the start of this long day. I was pretty in pink in this cute forgotten skirt. Here are the details...

Black sleeveless - NY & Co (gifted by Michelle)
Pink and black skirt - Anthropologie
Loooong necklace - gifted by my sister
peeps - Rack Room
I am trying to shop in my closet since I am putting myself on a super budget. I was so happy to find both of these items while digging through the trenches that is my closet.

So after a weekend of running around and eating out, it was time to buckle down and get cooking good food. Here are what my meals have been like:
The first pic is wild sockeye salmon with a chile lime seasoning, salad with mandarin oranges, and roasted grape tomatoes.
The second pic is the leftovers the next day. I just added the salmon to the salad and had some sweet potato mash on the side.
Dinner tonight was pasta. Will has been on a pasta kick. The whole wheat penne pasta is topped with turkey, mushrooms, onions, yellow bell pepper, Ragu Light and too much red pepper flakes. Will likes a little heat in his spaghetti sauce, but I think I over did it. It did clear my sinuses though :)

And last but not least... My bosses are having a birthday and we are having a potluck. I volunteered to make a cake. It's a Marble Toffee Cake. There isn't anything good for you in this cake. It's pure sugar!

Well before I close, I need to give a big thank you to my husband! Not only is he patient enough to take my daily outfit pics, but he ran to the store for me 3 times on Tuesday without any complaining. I really appreciate everything he does for me. I am a very lucky girl :-)

Thank you for stopping by. I hope I didn't make you too hungry :-)

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Honeybunches of Roses said...

yeah to hubbies! your skirt and food look amazing!

Candice said...

AWWWWW, how sweet. You look great, and your hair is looking lovely as well, it must grow fast, mine doesnt at all. Thanks for the sweet comment, love that skirt

Legal Editor Mom said...

This is a cute outfit, and you're looking great!

Tina said...

all your food looks so amazing and colorful. Yum!

And I love your skirt.

Milly said...

pretty skirt....that cake looks delish

Tabitha said...

You're hair is getting so long you look great!