Thursday, October 2, 2008

Jumping For Joy This Thursday


So I thought I'd have a Pretty In Pink Thursday, but now I'm not too sure how pretty this outfit really is. Oh well, still wearing it anyways. At least the shoes rock. Thanks again Estella! Let me know what you think. Here are the details...

Xhiliration top - Target
White tank - Old Navy
Light pink skirt - Express
BCBGirls peep-toes - Gift from Estella





Jumping rope... Have you done this lately? I used to love it as a kid. I knew double dutch, criss-cross, double under, and the skier. I even did "Jump Rope For Heart" My BFF and I ruled the rope on the playground! So when I started working out again, I asked for a jump rope for my birthday. I had such fond memories as a child with my trusty red plastic rope. I figured I'd rekindle my love for it and get a good workout. Boy was I wrong! I guess I should explain how hot it is in Houston and I just don't care to be outside in extreme heat. So, I had this bright idea to jump rope in my apartment. Okay my whole apartment has carpet except the bathroom and kitchen, but I wasn't going to let that stop me. Like Tim Gunn says, "Make it work." I started on the living room carpet. It was so slow and I was tripping all over the place. My average was a good 3-5 jumps before tripping. So, I decide to move into my bathroom. It's a little narrow, but if I move my laundry hamper, I thought it might just work. I just needed some tile to jump on right? Yeah...the rope kept hitting the ceiling, hitting the toilet, bathtub, and anything else that could mess me up. My personal best was 10 jumps at the bathroom. I was still bound and determined to do this inside so I moved to the kitchen. In the kitchen, the wall, the counter, and the fridge weren't my friends, but the space was bigger. At least I once got 20 jumps in. After that whole fiasco, I hung my new jump rope back in the closet and haven't really taken it out since. So yesterday when my trainer told me I was going to jump rope during my session, I have to admit, I was a little nervous. I really didn't want to do 5 jumps or so and then trip in front of everyone. Well, let's just say, jumping was a breeze when you have nothing in the way. I got 68 jumps in in 30 seconds (yes, I was counting, Monica). Yay! I don't suck at jumping rope, I'm just a dork for trying to do it in the apartment (duh!). Since it's getting a little cooler outside, I may just take my jump rope back out and do a little criss-cross, double under, skier action. Hahaha... kinda makes me laugh at just the thought of it.

Maybe one of these days I'll tell you about my embarrassing hula hoop disaster at Target. Yes, I said Target :-) Till then, jump for joy... it's Thursday! The weekend is right around the corner.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! As I'm reading your blog for today, I'm watching "Tim Gunn's Guide To Style!" He is awesome! Great fashion tips!... You do look "pretty in pink!"I'm glad you enjoyed the jump rope yesterday! There is more to come!
Miz24

Candice said...

I dont know if its the fact that I have a little girl and Pink is all she wears, but I just love pink, and I must say it looks fabulous on you. Oh and the shoes, I love them!!

Liza said...

I think the outfit is beautiful and it looks great on you!

KT said...

My trainer also had me jumping rope. I felt odd at first, but it was fun! It made me feel pretty light-hearted too! And pink cheeked!

ohthatgirl said...

Great outfit...hilarious story! :O)