Friday, March 19, 2010

Chopsticks In The Land of Cotton

Sorry...I had to repost this since the pics never came up :)



Will and I are in Mississippi this weekend. We're here to pay tribute to my aunt who recently passed away and to have this last visit with my extended family in the place where my grandparents first settled from China. Even though it's a sad occassion, it's nice to visit with my extended family...talking about the old days and learning more about our family's history.

While I'm here, I am reading this book to help me understand how my family came to settle here. This is my family's American history...





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

John Jung said...

Hello... hope your 'homecoming' went well, and that my book, "Chopsticks" provided something of value to you.

With best wishes, John Jung.

cheeky rose said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt.