Friday was Go Red Day (thanks for the reminder Kimberly). It was 74 degrees today so instead of wearing jeans, I opted for one of my favorite red skirts. Here my Go Red outfit...(sorry it's a little wrinkled, I took the pic at the end of the work day)
brown top - Anthropologie
tank - Target
brown belt - Dots
red pleated skirt - Ann Taylor Loft
brown suede pumps - Ann Taylor Loft
beaded necklace - prize from Ally for this blogger challenge
This weekend is jammed pack with all kinds of things. We started Friday evening with a quick birthday happy hour for a friend of mine and Will's. Afterwards my parents came over for dinner. They brought us some king crab legs and we had such a fab dinner! King Crab Legs are Will's favorite! After, my mom and I made cookies for a party I'm attending this weekend. My friend, Pete, sent me a recipe for Pistachio and Cherry Mexican Wedding Cakes (cookies actually). They are like sand tarts except made with pistachios. They were so good and light. I think they will be perfect for the International Birthday BBQ on Sunday. Thank you Pete for the recipe! Oh and btw ladies, I am looking for a great, light recipe for carrot cake. Let me know if you have a good recipe. Thanks!
As for the rest of the weekend, here what's going down...
- Workout and measurements this morning (weight was the same as last time, but measurements are close to where I was in September which is why the clothes are fitting better again. Yay!)
- The girls are coming over for some mad sewing in about an hour
- Tonight is my brother's girlfriend's birthday celebration
- Sunday is the International Birthday BBQ for a friend
- Late Sunday afternoon is a ladies get together/tea at one of my closest girlfriends.
- Sunday night is church
Whew! Aren't you exhausted from just reading it?
Hope you are all having a fab weekend! Thanks for taking the time to read my madness :-)