Sunday, June 10, 2012

Recipe: Easy Peasy Chicken Nuggets





You know that yummy, crunchy topping that makes your Thanksgiving green bean casserole taste so good? It also makes great chicken nuggets! Here's my recipe for Easy Peasy Chicken Nuggets.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breast or 5-6 boneless/skinless chicken thighs
1- 6 oz container of french fried onions
1 tbsp of flour
1/2 tsp garlic seasoning
Black pepper to taste
1 egg (slightly beaten)

Preheat oven at 350.

Pour the French fried onions in a large ziplock bag. Take out the air out of the bag so it'll be flat. With a rolling pin, roll over the bag and crush up those onions into small bits and pieces. Add your flour, garlic seasoning, and pepper in the bag and shake to mix it. The coating should look like this...




Slightly beat an egg and set aside. Cut you chicken into 1 inch pieces and then coat them with egg.



Then your chicken in your in the bag to coat each piece and place on a foil lined cookie sheet (it makes cleaning up a snap!)


Once all of the pieces are ready, you may notice that you have extra coating. Don't discard it. Go ahead and spoon the extra crunchy goodness on each chicken piece.




Bake for 20 minutes and they're done!


I'm not a big sauce fan, so I don't serve my nuggets with sauce. Honestly, I think these nuggets have so much flavor, you won't need it. They are always a hit when I've made them for guest. I hope you enjoy them too!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: