I had a few friends over for dinner tonight. For dessert I decided to try out a new recipe I spotted in All You. This cake had rave reviews and was pretty easy to make. I posted a pic on Facebook and a lot of people asked for the recipe, so here it is...
Molten Chocolate-Nutella Pudding Cakes
- YIELD: Serves 6
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE: 30 MINUTES
- COST PER SERVING:$1.12
- COURSE: Desserts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Nutella
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mist 6 6-oz. ramekins with cooking spray. Place a roasting pan in oven; pour in 1/2 inch of hot water. In a bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- 2. Combine chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl; cook on high, stirring once or twice, until almost melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk until smooth. (I only needed to microwave for 1 minute.)
- 3. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat eggs, vanilla, sugar and salt until pale yellow, about 5 minutes. Beat in melted chocolate mixture. Stir in flour mixture. Spoon half of batter into ramekins. Drop 1 Tbsp. of Nutella into center of each. Cover with remaining batter.
- 4. Transfer ramekins to roasting pan. Bake until cakes have risen and are cracked on top, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm.