Thursday, February 26, 2009
Another beautiful day, another springy outfit. Actually it seemed close to summer today. It got up to 80 degrees. This outfit was perfect and wasn't too stuffy on the walk to work. Here are the details...
Pink short sleeve - Target
Brown skirt - Talbots
Faux snakeskin pumps - Rack Room
Beaded necklace - prize from a blogger challenge
Tomorrow is going to be hotter, but it's a jeans day. I know Will wants to take the scooter to work so I won't have to worry about walking in the heat too long.
Tonight I had a good workout, but I failed when it came to dinner. We were at Costco buying organic chicken and fish, but then what do we do??? We ate hot dogs for dinner. It's $1.50 for a hot dog and soda at Costco. I didn't have the soda, but the hot dog was pretty tasty. Sorry Monica (trainer)! I know you are reading this and shaking your head.
I opted to eat something quick because I had to get to Michael's for some cake decorating tools. I have to prepare a pattern and plan for my nephew's cake. It takes days for me to actually do a cake. You see, I watched a lot of episodes of Ace of Cakes and figured I wanted to decorate a crazy cake too. I took some classes and practiced, practiced, practiced... Here are some of the cakes I've done. I think I have Crafty ADD? Is there a support group I should join?
I hope everyone had a great Thursday. TGIF!!!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
- a 5K fun run - I've been trying to run outside to prepare for this - so tough when you're used to an indoor treadmill.
- a sewing class - I am making this to use as a summer travel bag.
- to make a Thomas The Train cake for my nephew's 3rd birthday.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Whew! Life has been hectic these past few days. Thank you to all those who sent me well wishes. I got a lot accomplished and I am so happy with the decisions that were made the past few weeks and days. I will be creating a separate blog for future wedding planning and craziness for those interested in reading.
Now on to my happy little everyday life blog... Today's outfit is a Hillary Dress and Dash outfit. Yes, I was trying to snooze those extra few minutes this morning so I needed something I could just throw on. Viola! Here are the details...
Green dress - Ross
Purple suede belt - Target
Gold necklace - NY & Co
Maripe peeps - Rack Room
I love this color combo. I'm very happy to report that I had to create another notch on the belt to tighten it up. I also had to tighten up my Bodybugg strap on my upper arm (yes, I am still wearing it you just can't see it under my clothes). Now my hair is another thing. I seriously need to decide if I am going to keep it short or not. Any suggestions? I have been though a million and one haircuts and not afraid of change, but keep in mind I have a wedding in May. Maybe I'll dig around for pics and post some up to see what y'all think.
So since my absence here, I didn't really take daily outfit pics. I just took some random pics. Here are a few I thought I'd share...
For Valentine's Day this year, my honey surprised with with a quadruple date with a few close friends. We had a lovely dinner and the guys took us to see the National Acrobats of China. It was a fantastic show. Will was on the edge of his seat because he was so nervous for those acrobats.
On the same night, two of my closest friends got engaged. I'm proud to say that I had a hand in getting these two together. This was definitely a night to remember.
I got some sweet and fun goodies from Will's mom. Aren't those heart shaped measuring spoons fab? My mother-in-law is too sweet and so thoughtful!
Finally after all the festivities, I had time to enjoy the large cafe latte. I feel like Alice In Wonderland with this cup. It was a great place for brunch though. The owners of the cafe also own a nursery (pictured behind me). It's so nice to take a stroll among the fresh flowers and plants after a lovely meal.
I should be back on track with my daily postings. I hope everyone is doing well and looking fab! Thanks for stopping by!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
I hope everyone is having a fabulous week!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Today's outfit has a couple of pieces that have been sitting in my closet for some time. I forgot how much I love the skirt, but the cardi is still in question... Here's my found look...
Button-up - Anthropologie
Cardi - Express
Belt - Macy's
Skirt - Anthropologie
Shoes - Target
Pearls - Francesca's
The skirt is one I've had for a while. It hasn't fit me for quite some time, but I am happy to report that I was able to slide it on instead of doing a little shimmy dance when trying to get it over my hips. The detailing is beautiful and I am so thankful it's back in rotation. The cardi is an oldie too. I kind of shrank it so it's a tad snug. What do y'all think? Should I keep it or lose it? Since I just had repairs done to my car, I am so broke! I will be shopping from my closet a lot more often. Hopefully I'll find I can add more things in to the daily wardrobe rotation.
Here was tonight's dinner...
- Pam's Lemon Dill Tilapia
- green beans
- roasted tomatoes with basil
- peas with a little lemon zest
- a spoonful of mashed potatoes
Happy Friday Everyone!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tonight was another one of Pam's scrumptious recipes. I tried her Chicken With 40 Cloves of Garlic. Since there were only 3 of us (my friend Melissa joined us for dinner), I cut the recipe in half and went light on the butter, flour, and milk to cut the calories. This was incredible! The flavors are so savory and my house smelled so good. I paired this with brown rice with chopped onions and green beans. With the chicken, gravy, and garlic, my brown rice never tasted so good!
Saturday, February 7, 2009
- Workout and measurements this morning (weight was the same as last time, but measurements are close to where I was in September which is why the clothes are fitting better again. Yay!)
- The girls are coming over for some mad sewing in about an hour
- Tonight is my brother's girlfriend's birthday celebration
- Sunday is the International Birthday BBQ for a friend
- Late Sunday afternoon is a ladies get together/tea at one of my closest girlfriends.
- Sunday night is church
Friday, February 6, 2009
- Vintage Roman Holiday movie poster framed by fab friends of mine.
- Dining room table and chairs - bought from the office want ads
- My laptop - after Thanksgiving purchase
- Crate & Barrel serving plate and bowl - wedding gift from my aunt and uncle
- Bodybugg USB wire
- Memory card reader
- pink cell phone
- the paper is a recipe for my mom (she doesn't use the computer)
- my brown belt draped on the chair - I took it off while cooking and forgot to put it up
- my pen fell on the floor
- Vintage Funny Face banner framed by my fab friends
- Full size bed - yes, Will and I fit somehow
- Blue bedding and decorative blue pillow - West Elm
- White decorative furry pillow - gifted from Tammy
- Red travel pillow - gifted from Will's mom. I use it a lot when sitting up in bed.
- Clock radio - Target
- Pink mini massager - gifted from parents
- Nightstands - made by Will's dad
Last but not least... my living room. I blog here when Will and I are watching random TV together or a movie I've seen a million times. Here's what you see..
- Side tables - Ikea
- Couch - Ikea
- Rug - Lowes
- Vintage Tammy & The Bachelor poster framed by my fab friends
- Blue water bottle - Target (I'm a water drinker and I take this bottle everywhere)
- The moving box in the back has an old broken VCR that is headed to a recycling center
So here are the official rules: Show Us Your Blog Spot!
- Once you are tagged, post a picture of where you blog. This might mean a picture of your cozy bed, or your office at work (you naughty employee, you!) Feel free to be creative, but be honest--if your desk is usually covered in Ritz crackers and love letters to Brad Pitt, then show us!
- Feel free to tell us a little about your space, or explain certain items in more detail. Or not.
- Link back to this post. (I want to see how far this goes!)
- Tag five other bloggers to show their blog spots.
- If you are tagged and do not participate, you will become allergic to cabbage.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Here was tonight's dinner....
Monday, February 2, 2009
Our casual "jean" days at the office are on Mondays and Fridays. I used to never wear jeans, but now it's a part of my regular wardrobe. Here is another jean day Monday...
Vest, necklace, jeans, and shoes are Target. Short sleeve turtleneck is from my sister. Belt is from Macy's.
Okay for some reason I thought these jeans were a really dark blue, but maybe they are black after all. It sure looks black in this picture. Oh well, this isn't my favorite outfit. It prob would have been better with a dark red belt. Note to self: buy a dark red belt...
While cooking the other day, I realized I was missing an ingredient. I sent Will to the store and the sweetie came back with the right ingredient and these lovely flowers. I just had to show them off :-)
Sunday, February 1, 2009
I really wished I took pics from Saturday night's festivities. We went to a birthday party for my good friend, Jamie and I had a really cute outfit on. I figured I'd take an outfit pic at the party, then realized I forgot my camera once we got there. Oh well... there are more parties to come. I always call this time of year the Birthday Season. I feel like there is a birthday almost every week. Next week is Arnaud's International Birthday Barbecue.